Every position at Dykes Library is critical to our ability to achieve the shared objectives of the University of Kansas Medical Center. Each time we hire a new staff member, we are given the opportunity to enhance our community and to demonstrate our University's values of education, research, patient care and service. We are committed to hiring the applicant whose talents will blend with and enrich our organization and community in new ways. We expect employees to demonstrate initiative, exhibit curiosity, maintain a collaborative attitude, practice civility and remain flexible in a world of change. We do this by using fair, legal, inclusive, and effective hiring practices that support and comply with KUMC policy and procedures.
Librarian, Support Staff and Administrative Positions
No positions at this time.
Student Assistant Position Information
A. R. Dykes Library is **currently hiring** Student Assistants. Please apply below if interested.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Must be able to commit to consistently working 4-20 hours each week
- Individual must maintain a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester to qualify
- Day, evening and weekend shifts are available during the library's hours of operation
- Re-shelving materials
- Assisting patrons
- Making pick-ups around library and campus
- Pulling and copying materials for Interlibrary Services
Click here to complete and submit an online application for student employment.