Research and Learning
Librarians work alongside faculty to meet departmental and accreditation standards relating to the use of information. We collaborate with faculty, researchers, and clinicians in developing evidence-based practice learning opportunities. We work to empower practitioners and researchers with the ability to analyze various methods for discovering information, to understand the creation and value of information within healthcare, and to create new knowledge and participate ethically in communities of learning and practice (Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education, American Library Association, Association of College and Research Libraries, 2015).
Request an appointment for the following:
- Co-teach and co-create course content
- Integrate information literacy online activities and modules into curricula
- Create curriculum maps for evidence-based practice research competencies
- Identify information fluency needs for accreditation and participate in accreditation reporting and hosting
- Create workshops, seminars or online resources for continuing education units or continuing medical education credit